- Auto Insurance
- Homeowners Insurance
- Condo Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Earthquake Insurance
- Powersports Insurance
What Should I do if I'm involved in a Car Accident?
Advice & Recommended Steps
- Step 1: First and foremost, never leave the scene of an accident under any circumstances other than for a medical emergency.
- Step 2: Call the police; they will arrive shortly to examine the scene and file a police report. When they arrive, be sure to get the names of the officers and police report number.
- Step 3: While you are waiting for the police to arrive, get the information of the other person involved and anyone who witnessed the accident. Be sure to record the license plate number, make and model of the car, as well as the other driver's insurance information.
- Step 4: Pictures are always worth a thousand words in an accident. You should always keep a disposable camera in your glove box or trunk, but even photos from a mobile phone can helpful when you file your insurance claim.
- Step 5: It is completely your responsibility to call and inform your insurance company about an accident as soon as possible.